Friday, May 1, 2009

Responses

Flat Annaley received many invitations.

Uncle Dave said:
"I'll bet Annaley would love the Indy 500 track. Send her on down."

Aunt Marge said:
"FLAT ANNALEY IS WELCOME AT OUR HOME ANYTIME.
SHE CAN SLEEP IN OUR FRONT BEDROOM AND WILL HAVE HER OWN BATH. I WILL BE VERY CAREFUL TO KEEP OUR KITTIES AT A DISTANCE, AS THEY MAY SEEM ENORMOUS AND THREATENING TO HER.
SHE CAN GO TO WORK WITH BOB, JOIN ME WITH MY LADY FRIENDS AND GO TO A TRACK MEET OR TWO.
JUST SEND HER DOWN ANY TIME. PLEASE LET HER KNOW THAT THERE ARE COWS IN THE FIELDS NEAR US, BUT THEY ARE VERY GENTLE AND NOT TO BE FEARED.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HER VISIT.
LOVE TO ALL,
MARGE AND BOB
P S: DOES SHE HAVE A SPECIAL DIET?
DO YOU THINK SHE WILL BECOME HOMESICK?"

Aunt Teen's invitation gained her an immediate visit, for Holy Week:
"This sounds just about goofy enough that it could be fun. Would Flat be arriving in Holy Week? Hope she likes Mass every day. How many of her are there? Is she triplets? Quads? Does she get xeroxed so she can travel and visit several hosts at once? Intriguing. If I take her to work and she gives me sass, I might xerox her myself. Actually, she might enjoy my cubicle. I have a (homemade) beachhouse on my shelf, and some sea shells between me and my next door neighbor. Should get an outhouse for when Flat comes. Sure she can come."

And so, Flat Annaley packed her worldly goods, including a t-shirt and a pair of pants, a belt, and a hat, and jumped in an envelope addressed to New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment