Friday, May 1, 2009

Visiting Aunt Teen


On April 6, 2009, Flat Annaley embarked for her maiden voyage, to New Jersey. Aunt Teen was a gracious host. Flat enjoyed some rather outstanding adventures, including a vacation in a beach house, and an Easter egg hunt. She extended her trip for a day to enjoy a safari. She had quite an experience at the bank--no one was hurt, but it was quite a ride.


The reports came in from her host, Aunt Teen, including this Easter Day report:

"Attached are my attempts to take pictures of Flat Annaley at Easter Egg Hunt today. It was cold -- Though Annaley did not seem to feel chilly -- thank goodness she has a hat on! The wind was blowing while I was trying to take her picture, and she kept blowing away! I had to take the pictures quickly, and then chase her.


We went to Easter Sunday Mass today. Flat Annaley sat in the chair next to me and seemed to enjoy Mass. Then we came home and had a duck dinner.

I talked to Vicky this evening, and mentioned that Annaley is here, and Vicky and Clare envied me that I am having the first visit. They told me some of their plans for where they want to take her when she comes to them. She is going to have an exciting life. I am thinking it is good that she had gotten a heavy dose of church first. She also went to the Easter vigil Mass last night -- Yes, church every day since she has arrived. There were candles last night -- every one holds a candle when the Pascal Candle is lit -- but Annaley stayed a safe distance. Tomorrow she will go to work with me, and I will introduce her to my neighbor in the next cubicle, and let her bask in the flourescent light next to my beach house on my shelf. I am sure that many people will ask about her, and I will introduce her to them.

I hope you all have had a nice Easter. I have had a very nice one.

Until the next update.

Aunt Teen"

No comments:

Post a Comment